My mother is white and my father was black. I am not alone in this. I grew up in the Bronx, New York City. Born in 1967. A relatively safe time and place for a brown girl of ambiguous ethnicity. As the mother of two little brown girls, I like to believe that race doesn't matter much. But the election of Barack Obama woke me up. Ignorance is everywhere. Race labels ring in my ears. They stick and they stain. Even when they fade. This is my rant, from “post-racial America”. Hoping to shed some light.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm published on Lifetime Moms.com!

It's crazy, I know.
This week, instead of posting here I've contributed to the website Lifetime Moms.com.
I have my dear friend Laura Grimm to thank, for sharing this blog with the powers that be. They liked my writing, gave me an assignment, and now it's live!
THANK YOU, LAURA!

I want to take a breath and welcome any new readers who may have found me via Lifetime Moms. Please take a look around...
I hope you get something positive out of this brainchild of mine. If you do, please subscribe and/or leave comments, so we can keep the conversation going.

I'll be back with a fresh post as soon as I recover from all this excitement.
Meanwhile, if you haven't already seen it, check out:

http://www.lifetimemoms.com/in-the-news or
http://www.lifetimemoms.com/in-the-news/my-kids-arent-impressed-that-keke-palmer-is-the-first-black-cinderella

and see my piece on Keke Palmer, Broadway's newest Cinderella.

Cheers!





2 comments:

This is a Test said...

I know I'm late but CONGRATULATIONS - this is awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Well this Blog is all about cleaning have you ever reconsidered carpet cleaning calgary then what you wait for visit here and hire us
Thanks for share that.......

Post a Comment